Waynesboro Cultural Commission
About the Commission
The Waynesboro Cultural Commission was established in May 1997 by City Council. The purposes and duties of the Commission, as set forth in City Council Ordinance 1997-17 are:
1. coordinate the promotion and support of existing cultural activities and events in the Waynesboro area and support the development of new cultural organizations.
2. act in an advisory capacity to City Council on matters relating to cultural activities,
3. act as an advisory board to the City of Waynesboro with respect to grants and financial assistance to local cultural organizations,
4. assist, coordinate and help to plan cultural activities by cultural organizations represented on the Commission by non-voting members, as well as any not so represented, and
5. seek to cooperate with all agencies, public and private in the promotion of and education in the cultural activities in the City and surrounding areas.
Any organization in the Waynesboro area whose purposes are substantially related to those of the Commission may nominate one member who may participate in the work of the Commission as a non-voting member, subject to the approval of the voting members.
Meetings are held on the 4th Thursday of each month at 7:30 p.m. at the Wayne Theater, 531 West Main Street, Suite 1. Any additional meetings or cancellations will be publicized on the city web site and by notifying the Clerk of Council.